Written by Marco Carvajal
Photographs by Jeep
The Jeep Trackhawk is the most powerful version of the Grand Cherokee in its entire history. It is also considered the most powerful SUV in the World with a 707 horse power.
Jeep fans waited for more than 2 years to see the extreme Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk, until its debut in 2017 at the New York Auto Show. The trackhawk is not just an SUV, it is a fully loaded and extremely powerful mobile machine.
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
Quadra-Trac® Active On Demand 4WD
8-Speed Automatic Transmission
6.2L V8 Supercharged Engine
Fuel Economy MPG
Combined Estimated MPG
11 City / 17 Hwy
The first information about this version “Trackhawk” came out in 2015 and it was conceived as the Most Powerful and Quickest SUV Ever.
On a first impression it can be seen that the new model exterior body design is not much different from the usual Grand Cherokee.
According to the manufacturer the new 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is the most powerful and quickest SUV ever….with upgraded TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission and new Brembo braking system.
The Trackhawk is different from the Grand Cherokee STR, with four round exhaust pipes instead of two and slightly re-designed front exterior with a different bumper, enlarged air intakes, shorter slots in the radiator grille and horizontal vent slots. The basic Grand Cherokee Trackhawk comes with 20-inch wheels.
In the interior, it looks very similar to other Grand Cherokee models. The car is equipped with a multimedia system Uconnect with a display of 8.4 inches and support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The decoration uses expensive materials, and the menu has additional settings Trackhawk Performance.
The starting price for the Grand Cherokee is $30,895 but the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk goes all the way to a base price of $86,200. It costs almost 3 times the price of the base Grand Cherokee trims, but it also has much more power and features.
Prices & Versions
Compared to German competitors such as Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 S and Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, the Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk has a good price around 86K.
|2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk keeps the characteristic angular design. Convex wheel arches, and profiled sidewalls. The branded grille of the radiator consists of seven holes, and on the sides; Bi-xenon headlights with LED running lights. This all-terrain 2018 SUV has a massive front bumper with enlarged air intakes, with lateral holes installed instead of the fog lamps. The hood has become convex, and the wheel arches are wider. 20-inch Titanium-finish wheels and an aerodynamic body kit with reduced clearance. The fifth door is covered with a large spoiler, and four chrome exhaust nozzles come out from the rear bumper giving a powerful sporty look. This SUV is heavy and large, it will keep you save on any adventure.
- 20-Inch x 10-Inch Forged Polished Face Wheels
- 295 / 45ZR20 BSW All Season Tires
- Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
- Automatic Headlamp Leveling System
- Automatic Headlamps
- Automatic High Beam Headlamp Control
- Bi-Xenon HID Headlamps
- LED Daytime Running Headlamps
- LED Tail Lamps
- Body-Color Door Handles
- Body-Color Exterior Mirrors
- Bright Quad Exhaust Tips
- Capless Fuel Fill
- Deep Tint Sunscreen Glass
- Exterior Mirrors with Memory
- Exterior Mirrors with Turn Signals
- Headlamp Washer
- Heated Exterior Mirrors
- Hood Insulation
- Power Liftgate
- Power Locking Fuel Filler Door
- Pwr Heat Mem Multi-Function Mirrors w / Man Fold-Away
- Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers
- Rear Window Defroster
- Rear Window Wiper / Washer
- Tinted Front Door Glass
- Tinted Windshield Glass
- “Supercharged” Sill Plate
The interior is similar to the previous versions, just a few details have changed, two-tone leather in the interior trim combined with alcantara and polished aluminum. A new sports steering wheel with a flat rim on the bottom, trimmed with perforated leather.
The wide central console 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk is decorated with a lot of metal.
Crowned by its improved 8.4-inch touchscreen display of the multimedia system UConnect and thanks to him, the number of buttons of the audio and climate control units is small. A special compact transmission selector is also installed. His schedule is completely new, and, the driver can configure the panel: select images of a digital or analog speedometer, tachometer, on-board computer and other data.
Both the steering column and the front seats are electrically adjustable. Sports seats have excellent lateral support and at the same time remain comfortable. They are also equipped with heating and cooling ventilation. On the center console a pair of coasters and a wide armrest with a box inside.
Second-row seats are also heated. The seats for the legs and over the head are more than enough for even tall passengers. Unless the person sitting in the center will be somewhat cramped.
As a flagship model in the Jeep Grand Cherokee lineup, the Trackhawk is fully equipped.
This SUV comes with keyless access, dual-zone climate control, electric package, light and rain sensors, audio system, rear-view camera, satellite navigation, and adaptive cruise control. Some of the options include a panoramic roof, a powerful 825-watt audio system with 19 speakers, a pair of screens for rear passengers, Wi-Fi, and a lane assist system.
Standard Interior Features:
- 60 / 40 Split Rear Folding Seat
- Driver / Passenger Power 4-Way Lumbar Adjust
- Heated Front Seats
- Heated Second-Row Seats
- Pwr 8-Way Driver Seat w / Memory and 8-Way Pass Seat
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Tip Start
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls
- Steering Wheel Mounted Shift Levers
- Power Tilt / Telescope Steering Column
- Memory Driver Seat, Mirror and Radio
- Nappa Leather, Non-Laguna Door Trim
- Overhead Console
- Passenger Assist Handles
- Performance Shift Indicator
- Power Accessory Delay
- Power Door Locks
- Power Front Windows w/ 1-Touch Up and Down Feature
- Luxury Berber Floor Mats with Logo
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Leather-Wrapped Shift Knob
- Instrument Cluster with Performance Display Screen
- Leather-Wrapped Instrument Panel and Center Armrest
- 200 MPH Primary Speedometer
- Active Noise-Control System
- Air Filtering
- Aluminum Pedals
- Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror
- Automatic – Dimming Exterior Passenger Mirror
- Cargo Tie Down Loops
- Cargo Trim Panel with Storage Net
- Driver and Passenger Lower LED Lamps
- Driver’s Auto-Dimming Exterior Mirror
- Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control
- Electronic Vehicle Information Center
- Exterior Temperature and Compass Display
- Full-Length Floor Console
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 115-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
- 12-Volt Auxiliary Power Outlet
- 12-Volt Auxiliary Rear Power Outlet
- Front and Rear Interior LED Lamps
- Illuminated Cup Holders
- Illuminated Entry
- Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors
- Under-Seat Lighting
Safety & Security
If you drive a Grand Cherokee Trackhawk you are in a safe camp. This Grand Cherokee includes 10 airbags installed, a stabilization and monitoring tire pressure system, technology to automatically slow down and track the “blind” zones.
Standard Features Included
- 3-Point Center Rear Seat Belt
- 4-Wheel Traction Control
- Active Head Restraints
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop
- Advanced Leather-Covered Multistage Front Airbags
- Blind-Spot and Cross-Path Detection
- Cargo Compartment Cover
- Child Seat Upper Tether Anchorages
- Driver Inflatable Knee-Bolster Airbag
- Electronic Rear Limited-Slip Differential
- Electronic Stability Control
- Enhanced Accident Response System
- Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert
- Full Speed Forward Collision Warning Plus
- Hill Start Assist
- Keyless Enter-N-Go
- LaneSense® Lane Departure Warning Plus
- LATCH Ready Child Seat Anchor System
- Lock On Sync Tire Press Sensor
- Parallel and Perpendicular Park-Assist
- ParkView® Rear Back Up Camera
- Rain Brake Support
- Ready-Alert Braking
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
- Remote-Start System
- Security Alarm
- Sentry Key® Theft Deterrent System
- Supplemental Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags
- Supplemental Side-Curtain Airbags
- Supplemental Side-Curtain Front and Rear Airbags
- Trailer Sway Damping
The powerful 6.2 L V8 Supercharged Engine, makes an impressive 707-horsepower and makes this Jeep the most powerful all-terrain Grand Cherokee and SUV in the world, with an impressive the maximum torque of 645
7,200-pound towing capability
With such strong power traction is precise and more than enough at any speed. The motor responds with a juicy growl. All-wheel drive and the Launch control system allow you to start without slipping. Acceleration takes only in 3.5 seconds and 0-60 mph, quarter mile in 11.6 seconds and top speed of 180 mph.
Several features like the Selec-Track system on the Grand Cherokee Trackhawk uses customizable software to pre-configure and distinguish five dynamic modes: Auto, Sport, Track, Snow and Tow, allowing drivers to choose the best vehicle’s setting according to their requirements and environmental conditions. The fifth door in the back is opened by an electric drive, the rear window can be raised separately.
The price is not low, but it has the most attractive price among competitors. The 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk starting at $86,200.